Nutritional and Antinutritional Attributes of Promising Chickpea {Cicer arietinum L.) Cultivars


Affiliations

  • Punjab Agricultural University, Quality Section, Department of Plant Breeding, Ludhiana, India

Abstract

Chickpea (Cicer arietinum L) is an important food crop cultivated in parts of Asia and in the Mediterranean region of Africa and Europe. "Desi" chickpeas constitute about 85 per cent of total production and the remaining 15 per cent being "kabuli" types. Both these types show no appreciable difference in the protein and amino acid content but "desi" type contains more anti-nutritional factors than "kabuli" type and are nutritionally inferior as compared to "kabuli" varieties.

Subject Discipline

Health Care and Hospital Management

Full Text:

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.