Open Access Policy
In order to ensure the maximum exposure of Journal of Biological Control (JBC) contents, we adopted the open access policy, meaning that;
- All the articles published in JBC are made freely accessible online immediately after publication in an easily readable format, without any subscription or registration barrier.
- All the published articles are licensed under a Creative Commons license. Articles can be shared and adapted, provided the attribution for the work is given and that the work is not used for commercial purposes.
- The journal also allows the authors to self-archive final accepted version of the articles on any OAI-compliant institutional/subject based repository.
All the manuscripts submitted to JBC will be subjected to double blinded peer review process;
- The manuscript will be reviewed by two suitable experts in respective subject area. The reports of both the reviewers will be considered while deciding on acceptance/revision or rejection of a manuscript.
- Editor-In-Chief will make the final decision, based on reviewer’s comments.
- EIC can ask the one or more advisory board members for their suggestions upon a manuscript, before making the final decision.
- Associate editor and review editors provide the administrative support to maintain the integrity of peer review process.
- In case, authors challenge editor's negative decision with suitable arguments, the manuscript can be sent to one more reviewer and the final decision will be made based upon his recommendations.
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. More...
The Journal of Biological Control (JBC) is an electronic Double Blind peer reviewed journal upholding the highest standards. Articles not in accordance with publication ethics and malpractices will be removed from publication if detected at any time. Plagiarism and research fabrication such as making up of data, manipulation of existing data, tables etc. and ethical clearance on the use of humans or animals for the study will also be checked. The journal reserves the right to use plagiarism detecting software to screen submitted papers at any time and suspected plagiarism or duplicate publishing will be reported immediately.
Authors must ensure that
- Their work is original
- Must not have been published elsewhere
- Other authors, contributors or sources should be appropriately credited
- They are responsible for language editing before submission
- Their work has not been copied or plagiarized in whole or part from any other work
- The financial support and conflict of interest for the project / research work if any should be disclosed
- They are obliged to notify the editor if any error or inaccuracy is discovered and co-operate with the editor to correct the same
Articles should be submitted using online procedures. Simultaneous publication in more than one publication is a breach of publication ethics.
Editor must ensure that
- The submitted manuscript undergoes Double- blind peer review before publishing
- They will strive to prevent any conflict of interest between the author and editorial and review personnel
- All the information related to the submitted manuscript is kept confidential prior to publishing
Reviewers should ensure that
- Reviews the manuscript and provides suitable comments for improvement
- Promptness in notifying the editor about his inability to review the manuscript
- Maintains confidentiality about the manuscript obtained for review, by not discussing with others
- Standards of Objectivity preserved by reviewing the manuscripts objectively with clear views and supporting arguments and without any personal criticism
- Acknowledgement of Sources
- All References not cited by author should be removed. All citations should be accompanied with any previously reported observation, derivation or argument.
- The editors should be intimated for any overlap of the reviewed manuscript with any other published paper.
- Disclosures and Conflict of Interest– manuscripts having conflict of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative or any other relationships or connections with institutions connected to the paper will not be considered.
Human & Animal Rights:
While reporting experiments on human subjects, you should indicate whether the procedures followed were in accordance with the ethical standards of the responsible committee on human experimentation (institutional or regional) and with the Helsinki Declaration of 1975 that was revised in 2000. http://www.wma.net/e/policy/17-c_e.html
- Do not use names or initials of patients or hospitals and/or hospital telephone numbers especially in illustrative material.
- While reporting experiments on animals, indicate whether you adhered to the guidelines of an institution or national research council governing the care and use of laboratory animals.
Studies based on clinical trials:
Authors should register all the clinical trials in a Primary Clinical Trial Registry. The Registration number must be given in Materials and Methods section. Authors can register in following trial register:
Reporting Guidelines for Specific Study Designs
Authors must ensure to “Confirm” the submission of their manuscript prior to peer-review process, failing which would attract minimal processing charges.
However if the author withdraws the manuscript before acceptance only minimal charges would be applicable. If the author expresses to withdraw the article after acceptance of the manuscript and payment, there will be NO REFUND of the Article Processing Charges (APC).
Authors must abide by these policies after submission of their manuscript.
JBC may grant the partial/full waiver in article processing charges to the authors those are unable to pay the APCs due to financial crisis. Only the authors from low income countries can apply for waiver. Waiver is applicable for one article per year for each submitting author.
Please send your waiver requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
The author(s) of each article appearing in this Journal is/are solely responsible for the content thereof; neither the Journal of Biological Control (JBC) nor its editors or publisher or anyone else involved in creating, producing or distribution assumes any liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information provided in the Journal, nor shall they be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages arising out of the use of the the Journal of Biological Control (JBC).
All the articles published in JBC are distributed under a creative commons license. The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright of their work (all usages allowed except for commercial purpose).
Please contact us at email@example.com for permissions related to commercial use of the article(s).
I/We, the undersigned author(s) of the manuscript
entitled-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- hereby declare that the above manuscript which is submitted for publication in the "JBC"
- Is NOT under consideration elsewhere.
- The manuscript is NOT published already in part or whole (except in the form of abstract) in any journal or magazine for private or public circulation.
- No part of this manuscript (referenced or otherwise) has been copied from any source.
- I/we give consent for publication in the "JBC" in any media (print, electronic or any other) and transfer copyright to the "JBC" in the event of its publication in the "JBC".
- I/we do not have any conflict of interest. I/we have read the final version of the manuscript and am/are responsible for what is said in it.
- The work described in the manuscript is my/our own and my/our individual contribution to this work is significant enough to qualify for authorship.
- The author(s) of each article appearing in this Journal is/are solely responsible for the content and "JBC" or the publisher is not responsible.
- I/We hereby acknowledge health line conflict of interest policy requirement to scrupulously avoid direct and indirect conflicts of interest and, accordingly, hereby agree to promptly inform the editor or editor's designee of any business, commercial, or other proprietary support, relationships, or interests that I/We may have which relate directly or indirectly to the subject of the work (For Medical Journals).
- No one who has contributed significantly to the work has been denied authorship and those who helped have been duly acknowledged. I/we also agree to the authorship of the article in the following sequence. (All authors are required to sign this form).
Please download above Declaration and copyright form from here. Submit scanned copy to firstname.lastname@example.org acceptance of your article.
For every Journal, the peer review process is at the heart of the success of publishing. As part of our commitment to the protection and enhancement of the peer review process, The Journal of Natural Remedies would like to ensure that all published articles are within the accepted level of plagiarism. The Journal uses the very well and widely accepted Plagiarism Detection tool, iThenticate. All submitted Manuscripts are first subjected to Plagiarism check and then the Publishing cycle begins.
In case, plagiarism is detected during review/editorial process, such manuscript(s) will be rejected immediately and we can also consider other steps depending upon the seriousness of the case. If the plagiarism is proven after publication, such manuscript(s) will be removed from our website and appropriate announcement will be placed in this regards.
Further, “Journal of Natural Remedies” can bring such instants in notice of author's funding agencies, author's institutes (where they works) and to the original authors whose work has been plagiarized. Please report the plagiarism to email@example.com