About the Journal
SDMIMD Journal of Management was started in the year 2010 and is published twice a year, in March and September. The Journal is published in both print and online versions and is brought out by SDM Institute for Management Development, Mysore. SDMIMD JOM is published with an aim to deliver the best practices in the various fields of management and help academicians, researchers, and practitioners get insights on various contemporary issues and topics which are dealt world over. Focusing on the aim, the journal invites manuscripts addressing theoretical and practical aspects of all fields of management like finance, marketing, human resources, information technology, systems, economics, and operations. Rigorous research and supporting theoretical or empirical analysis are the fundamental requirements of consideration for publication. SDMIMD JOM considers manuscripts with pure research, applied research, case studies, literature reviews, and theoretical reviews/applications.
The Journal has a very high reach and is targeted at academicians, research scholars, industry managers, policy makers and practitioners, as the prime audience. The articles and papers published, thus, aim to meet the needs of this primary segment.
All the submitted manuscripts would be subject to a blind peer review process as determined by the editorial board and are then considered for publication based on the extent of value addition to the existing literature. The editorial team reviews the suitability of the submitted manuscript before assigning for review. Upon acceptance, the article will appear ‘Online First’ before allotting to an issue.
Authors are required to ensure that articles submitted to the journal are not previously published in any journal or conference proceedings and are not in the process of review, elsewhere.
Scope and Coverage
Topical coverage of the journal includes, but are not limited to,
- Business leadership and Corporate Governance
- Corporate and Behavioral Finance
- Investments and Financial Markets
- Equity Research and Portfolio Management
- Financial Instruments – Mutual funds, Insurance, etc
- Micro and Macroeconomic Analysis
- Consumer Behavior and Digital Marketing
- Applied Statistics
- Applied Econometrics
- Development Studies
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology Management
- Operations Management
- Marketing Strategies and Marketing Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Environment, Social and Governance (ESG)
- Ethics and Values in Business
- Micro Finance/Rural Finance
- Commerce and Trade